University Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Cell
Intellectual property Rights have become significant issue of discussion in last 10-15 year with the emergence of WTO agreement on intellectual property rights. Intellectual property rights is an umbrella term that includes patents, copy rights, trade Marks, Design Registration, Plant Variety, Trade Secrets and geographical Indications. Research and Innovation in our country emerge both from industry as well as academic institutions. In today’s era where intellectual property Rights are globally enforceable, we need to develop a conducive environment where we can impart knowledge of patents, Copyrights, Geographical Indications and other IPRs to our young generation so they can equip to create innovations and can protect their intellectual Property Rights including their innovation and creativity. The IPR Cell provides a basic knowledge of geographical indication, IPR, patent concepts and procedure of filling the patents at national & international level. The IPR Cell also advices to researcher about trade mark, Copyrights Brand name, etc. the IPR Cell provides also a platform to share and discuss the latest development and applications with practical exposure & it helpful for local innovators including faculty members, students and research scholars.
Objective and Activities of the Cell
- To provide IPRs protection information, orientation and facilities to University researchers & scientists.
- To guide & advise researchers on how to obtain & sustain patents and help them approach patent information centre (PIC).
- To work as a link between PIC and University and its affiliated colleges.
- To facilitate routing of patent searchers to PIC, Rajasthan.
- To get necessary clearances from competent authorities while filling patents and other IPRs like copyrights registration and design registration, etc. through PIC.
- To workout modalities on behalf of universities for commercialization of patented technologies.
- To organize various IPR awareness programmes in collaboration with PIC, Rajasthan in its campus and affiliated colleges.
Administrative Set-upProf. Rajeev Jain
Nodal Officer, University IPR Cell
Contact DetailsTelephone No.: 0744-2471742